Monday 19 March 2012

How far can I swim?

I am now swimming twice a week. I have joined the pool (£16 per month) and know I have to go twice a week to make it worthwhile.
I get to the pool tonight and it's very quiet.. I have been thinking about increasing my distance. I would love to do 1.5 miles which is 96 lengths. Going by my previous times this will take my just under a hour and considering I only have a swim window of an hour I would have to be very efficient once in the pool.

I swim off and as usual it takes me 10-15 lengths to get my breathing right. A few more join the lane but soon leave as they are casual swimmers. I get to the 50 mark and feel pretty good. I push on and make 64 with no bother.. Onwards up to 80 and now my arms are beginning to ache. I lose count a few times so instead of going up I deduct one. As I reach the 96 I feel delighted with myself. My fitness has proven itself again. Now I wonder if I can do 100? :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment