Thursday 8 March 2012

Swim and weigh in

Swimming tonight and I have decided I will join the pool at Tadley. Only £16 per month which means I just need to swim more than 5 times per month to get my moneys worth.
I turn up 20 mins earlier (20.40) and the lady at the desk panics as she has never done a membership. Fifteen minutes later and I'm still still there. I suggest I'll go for a swim and complete the registration after my swim.
I get ready and jump in the pool. I have on my new goggles that my lovely wife bought me (see pic) and I jump in. Instantly I notice how much better these goggles are. I can hardly feel them on. I do notice a little water seeping in after a few lengths so think I may need to adjust a bit more. As I reach 10 lengths I see the manager waving at me. I reluctantly pull up and he ask me my bank account number for the direct debit setup. This is for an account I don't use much and I can't remember. I say I need to carry on and will tell you at the end of my swim. I crack on and feel annoyed I have been stopped so early on. The fast lane is very fast tonight. I share it with three very strong swimmers. This pushes me a lot more as I'm conscious of them creeping up on me. I crack on and hit 30 comfortably. I do 10 more and then move into the next lane as it just has one swimmer. Its getting late now (21.40) so I decide I will just do 50 tonight. Once I get to 50 I think I can do a few more. I try swimming a length under water. Get about 70% of the way and my lungs give in. Will work on that!
So I'm on 54 and I think only 10 more and you have done a mile. I check the clock. The pool closes in 10 mins. I can do it in 5. I push on and reach 64 (1 mile). Very happy with that effort. So after all that when I get back to the reception the system has crashed and they cannot setup my membership. He tells me to come back the next day.. I will come back next week. Plan to swim twice a week. Swimming is one of those exercises I personally dread but absolutely love it when I'm there. I have no muscle ache the next day like I do with running or cycling. (Am I pushing myself hard enough?)

So the next morning I weigh in. Not feeling very confident this week for some reason. Think I have worked out less than previous weeks.. I jump on and amazingly I have lost another kilo. That's 2lbs. I'm now 12st 8lbs. I have lost 11lbs in 6 weeks. Almost on course for 2lbs per week. (My original target). What's more is I'm only 8lbs off my goal weight. My BMI has gone down and I find out once at 12st I will be in the "Healthy" category for my weight/height/age. Amazingly I can go down to 10st and it still classes me as healthy. I can only imagine how scrawny I would look at 10st!!


No comments:

Post a Comment