Thursday 22 March 2012

100 lengths

So it's Thursday night and I'm back in the pool. I did 96 lengths on Monday. I'm on my own as Darran is on holiday.. I squeeze in a quick 10k on the static bike before I leave. Have a good sized meal of pasta and chicken and make my way to the pool. I arrive 10 mins early knowing I need to be in the pool and swimming for 21.00 if I want to get to the 100 lengths. I know I can do it but I feel a sense of dread knowing that it's going to take a long time.

I wont bore you with the ins and outs of how I got there but I made it to 100. It took me 58 minutes to swim which was 8 mins longer than on the Monday swimming just 4 lengths less. I was feeling quite sore a few days later but it was good. I love swimming and am now looking at potential competitions I could enter.. Can't wait to get into the lake when it warms up and do some open water swimming.

No comments:

Post a Comment