Wednesday 7 March 2012

Running cold

So I need to get out running tonight. I get home and quickly change.. I'm concerned I haven't run cold like this much and worry I may get an injury. I do a few stretches (probably not enough) and set off. I've been thinking on the way home I may push the distance.. I have been doing 6k for the last 6 weeks and know I can do that in 28 mins. I always said I would not push the distance too far as I only have to do 5k on the day and that is exactly what caused my achilles tendonitus last year when I quickly increased my distance to 10k runs.
I set off and feel good. The weather is pretty cold and I'm thinking shorts and short sleeve top may not of been the best choice. I soon warm up and reach the halfway mark in good time.. As I approach the 5k which is mainly uphill my achilles aches a bit.. Hope it's not starting again and I think it might be best to stick with the normal 6k.
As ever my mind pushes me on and I reach the last 500m and decide to run off a different way. This new way is mostly uphill and it takes more of a strain on my calves.. I reach the end and clock in at 7k in a time of 34.21. Not brilliant but I think the GPS was a little out and the distance was further. Not going to worry about it as was just happy to run a little bit further..
Planning a proper bike and run for Friday.. I'm fully ready now and have all the spare inner tubes so no worries about punctures this time!

No comments:

Post a Comment