Friday 13 April 2012

Normal week of exercise

This week I have got straight back into it. On the Monday I went out with Tom for a very wet and miserable cycle around our usual Bramley route. I cycled from my new house to his and then out. Whole thing was 30k (19 miles) and although I was soaked from head to toe it was great.
Up swimming on Tuesday with Darran. Did a respectable 70 lengths in 37 mins, haven't swam for a few weeks so a little sore.
My ankle is still aching and I have been a little worried so on Thursday I decide I will do a 20k on the static bike and then do a small recovery run. I try and asertain what muscle it is, it feels like the muscles down the side on the ankle. Still not sure. I stretch it and put on the trusty Voltarol.
As I go off my ankle feels OK but after a couple of kilometres it starts to hurt. I finish a small 4k run and decide that's me out of running for at least a week. I need to rest it. Plenty of cycling & swimming and maybe get back on the weights again.
Am off for an early 7am swim on Saturday morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment