Monday 30 April 2012

Leg getting better

So I went to the Drs today to get my leg/ankle checked out. It was really hurting at the weekend and I kept getting a dull ache in my leg followed by shooting pains in my heel. So after doing Marie's head in all weekend I went to see the Doc. I needed for him to check things out and make an assessment. So after giving him my many symptoms he came to the decision that I had a few issues. One was tibial posterior tendonitus which is swelling of the muscles down the side of the leg. The other and my Mother isn't convinced of this in Plantar fasciitus which is the swelling on the tissue that runs along the bottom of the foot.
So what can be done, well lots really. Ibuleve gel rubbed into the affected area several times per day. Lots of stretches that focus on the heel, Achilles tendon and posterior muscles. The most important one is orthotic heel inserts I have bought. They cost £25 but straight away they felt better. They stop my heel hurting which is a big bonus. So the plan is to keep to the exercises and using the gel and he (Dr) reckons it will go within a week.
It's been almost 3 weeks since I run and it's 5 weeks on Sunday to my first Triathlon. Feel very worried that I need to get back running asap but at the same time I must let the injury heal..
My advice to anyone following a similar path, always stick to the 10% rule on running. If I hadn't of pushed my mileage that day I wouldn't have an injury now. It's costs me loads of treatments and caused a lot of stress.


No comments:

Post a Comment