Monday 14 May 2012

Running again, sort of..

So I'm back into running again. I have managed to get used to the pain. I'm convinced I have several issues with my leg but none of them are critical. Achilles tendonitis and tibialis posterior.
I have a nightly routine of icing my leg and I have bought Extra Strength Ibuleve which is helping loads. The heel orthotics have also helped my heel pain.. I also do lots of stretches and certain exercises to aid in strengthening my calves.

Over the last week I have ran three times (every other day), I have been coupling this with half decent static bike rides (10 miles).
I am keeping the runs at 3k and so far there not too bad. I still feel the pain in my ankle/shin area but at least I'm getting used to running again. The last 1k is quite painful but I get home and ice the ankle/shin and the next day it feels OK..


No comments:

Post a Comment