Thursday 31 May 2012

All arms no legs

So in order to rest my foot I will continue to swim but not use my legs.. The way to achieve this is by putting a float between your legs and then just using yours arms to pull you along. The first time I did this I only managed about 5-10 lengths as it puts a massive strain on your arms and shoulders.

So I have about two weeks to go before the triathlon at Blenheim and I decide I will just swim this week. No cycling, well maybe a little but at the end of the week.

I go swimming on Tuesday and Thursday and set off with my float. On Tuesday I manage 74 lengths and only 70 on Thursday. My arms were pretty sore by Friday but this is improving my technique no end as my upper body is getting stronger.

Big bike ride planned for tomorrow

No comments:

Post a Comment