Tuesday 1 May 2012

Bike and a swim

So after day 1 of getting my leg sorted I decided to return to the bike and swim. The Doc said this wouldn't affect my leg so I went for it.

Went on the static for 30 mins and did 12k which is slow but I wasn't really focusing. Will plan to get out on my bike later in the week. Weather looks like it's getting better so no excuse. Would love to do a run after that bike but will see how it goes.

After my bike I did my press ups which are my latest new thing. This website claims if you follow the plan within six weeks you can perform 100 consecutive press ups. 100 press ups

So I finished off week 2 which had me doing about 60 press ups over 5 mins.. My arms ached after that.. Once the press ups were out the way I headed to the pool. I took my float in case my leg played up. I got there and noticed it was pretty busy. 2 lanes for social and two lanes for lessons. This left just two lanes for swimmers. Oh well, jump in and go. I went off and did 10 quick lengths using the board between my legs. Noticed my arms were aching from the press ups but pushed on. Once I hit 10 I chucked the board out and did 20 more which felt good. My foot felt a little weak but having my legs back kicking got me to 30 in well under 15 mins. I swapped lanes and started my swim training. One length really hard and one cruising, did that four times. Trust me doing these really get your heart beating, I do the 25m in about 15 seconds which is twice as fast as normal.  The next set is swimming 50m really hard and then 50 cruising. This is very tiring but you learn to control your breathing and as you cruise you learn how to carry on. This technique is crucial as everyone starts the swim fast and soon runs out of breath. Once I had finished 3 sets of 4 I then went onto the final sets which is two lengths hard and four cruising. A great night of swimming which I finished off with a 8 length cool down.. Just over a mile swam.

No comments:

Post a Comment